Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Goat Problems

Sorry I didn't blog over the weekend, I was so busy with father's day.

There is a goat at the barn I keep my horse at now. She was only staying for a few days. She was on a chain outside the barn where she can get in the barn. My horse was so freaked out by it. He was running around his stall and kicking the walls.

Yesterday the goat got moved away from the barn. When I tried to bring my horse in the barn he was still scared to death to even go in his stall. I worked with him by circling him and slowly getting him closer and closer. Then I got him to put his front feet in the stall, then I backed him out. I finally got him to go in there without him even being scared.

After I got him in the stall he wouldn't come to the front of the stall because that's where the goat was. I worked with him by getting treats and leading him closer and closer and finally got him to stick his head over the stall door into the barn aisle.

Then my aunt got the goat and brought it back in the barn. I slowly did the same thing as before and got treats and slowly brought him closer and closer to the goat.

Lastly, I took my horse out of his stall and the goat came out to the front of the barn too. I slowly made circles closer and closer to the goat. He finally got close enough to sniff the goat and follow it. I was so happy.

I hope everyone had a great father's day. Thank you for reading this weeks blog!

Until next week,
annv

No comments:

Post a Comment